Thursday, November 17, 2011

Being Hospitalized Is No Fun

Yeah Yeah I know you're supposed to take care of yourself, but I like most Mothers and small business owners end up putting self last. Not wise. I put off going to the dentist and a tooth abscessed. The jaw started swelling Thursday evening. Friday morning I started calling dentist offices, of course on Veteran's Day everything was closed. Saturday morning 7:30 a.m. I went to emergency. Think Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor Makeup with a whole chew of tobacco in one jaw. They gave me antibiotics and sent me home with the admonishment if it was getting better to come back. Monday I was swollen even larger now add in the throat. I walked into emergency at 7:30 am and was admitted, they immediately went to work. Strangely , I really didn't have much pain.


I also have hyper thyroid ism, which can be tricky to treat, that they were equally concerned about. A normal function thyroid reading is between 1-5. Mine was 23 so they were very concerned. Which explains why I have had no energy. The oral surgeon came and saw me and wanted to wait a day before making a decision. He came back the next day and because the antibiotics seemed to be doing the job decided not to operate. (Thank you Allah). I was released Wednesday. I have to take these huge pills which are the antibiotics. I have a 7:30 appointment at the dentist this morning to have the tooth pulled per the oral surgeon's recommendation. I'm still hoping it doesn't have to be pulled now that the antibiotics are doing their job. I still haven't had any pain that's why I keep hoping the tooth can be saved.

So , the moral of the stories kiddies is you have to make the time to take care of you. Yes, I know its costs time and money to do preventive care but aren't we worth it?

This goes out especially to the Mommies, you can't put you last. As Mommy goes so goes the family, you got to take care of you.

Take care.

The Amazon
Michelle


4 comments:

  1. Well, you know what they say, it is better to prevent that later being sorry. I hope you are doing well now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.. sorry to hear this.. but you are right.. if we don't take of "us" who will.. and then if we don't, we are no good to anyone anyhow if something goes wrong. :-) Hope you were able to save your tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. I'm home and feeling much better. I am going to have to stop putting me last. There were some other issues that cropped up that were dealt with while I was in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reply. The tooth had split which was a surprise. There were other health issues that were identified and dealt with that I didn't realize were there. So things were out for the best. I will have to start back regular check ups and stop putting me last.

    ReplyDelete