Friday, November 16, 2012

Angels and Good Samaritans

Hi All!

I have been MIA because I was hit by a truck as I was crossing in the intersection. This person had to see me coming towards him. I have been out of it from taking the medicine to deaden the pain. I won't take narcotics which is what they give you here whenever you leave the emergency room. When I have undergone physical trauma, my best course of action to sleep and let my body rest.

             This is not ancient Rome and
             pedestrians crossing the street 
             not fodder for your chariots.

 Allah sent his angels to cushion my fall. This is the only way I can explain not having broken bones from this accident. Three good Samaritans actually sat on the ground with me to make sure I didn't move. Numerous people called 911. Others stopped and directed traffic away from me. I was blessed that so many people stopped to give assistance. Many people stayed to give witness statements to the police. I was taken directly to the trauma unit, where they went to work on me immediately. I am blessed to not have any broken bones. I was kept in trauma for many hours until all my tests, x-rays and other results came back. I am just going to have to take my time and let my body heal and watch for any signs of fractures.

I thank Allah for blessing me, because the situation could have and should have been a heck of a lot worse. I thank all the folks who are my Facebook friends for your prayers and well wishes. All are appreciated. I know my Lord has blessed me royally, because it could have been so much worse. I give thanks and will try to live up to this blessing.

Peace,

Michelle


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a blessing. I am glad you had so many Angels who were at that intersection at the same time. Well, that's what they do appear a just the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. I am just thankful they were there and I'm ALIVE.

    ReplyDelete