Saturday, November 13, 2010

Where Did All These Social Media Experts Come From?

Is it just me or are you tired of all the "Experts" who have jumped on the social media bandwagon? If you really look into their info you will find many of them have never sold anything and you can't find them on Google with a map. LOL

I missed posting yesterday (I thought erroneously that I had timed a post for yesterday). So I have to post twice today to make up. Back to the social media phenom. I attended a conference Thursday where they were going to show you what you needed to do and how to do it.

The presentation was excellent and they showed what the priorities you should set, gave the correct info on where you should be trying to position yourself and how. The kicker they then gave you a price tag on doing all this by hiring a person for each function. You know the price was through the roof. Then they hit their stride and gave you the sales pitch. For the low, low price of $3,999 per month they would handle the details for you with a dedicated team for your company.

If I were a doing enough volume to absorb the cost I would have signed up. This is the first presentation where they had all the ducks in order and all things considered you would receive value for your money.

Currently, I keeping my items on the first three pages of Google and have about five items cached on the first page of Google for their key words. This takes a lot of work which I would love to hand off to someone else. I'm a rainmaker. I don't like dotting the eyes and crossing the t's work, but we do what we must. A friend suggested I switch to representing people because people listen and place value on my opinion. I sell more jewelry off the web then I do on the web. LOL

What's your opinion on Social Media? Has it been a help to your business? How are you using it? I'd really like to know.

I have to run taking baby girl to a girls event and also attending a wealth building conference today. A long Saturday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment