Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ocean Jasper Earrings and Necklace Set

This is an Ocean Jasper Set I handmade. The coils and earwires are Sterling Silver. I handcrafted the clasp. My photography does not due these beads justice. They are an orby matrix of white, light and dark gray.
The necklace is 22 inches long and the Center Fancy Jasper bead is 1 1/4 inches across. The earrings are 2 inches from the top of the earwires.
Ocean Jasper is a relatively new find. Madagascar was reclaiming the land at its shoreline when it was discovered. The Tsunami that claimed so many lives several years ago closed many if the sites. I haven't any info as to whether they have been reopened. This is stock I have had since the early 2000's. They are available on Artfire here http://bit.ly/baqPjT

No comments:

Post a Comment