Thursday, February 25, 2010

Proud Mommie My Youngest Made Millionaire Readers Club

I am so proud of my youngest. She made the Millionaire Reader's  Club. Two years ago her teacher and I were racking our brains trying to get her to read.  Turns out she wouldn't read because she thought I would stop reading to her as I have done since she was in my womb. ( Think it was the shared closeness that she was afraid of losing). Once she got past that (I had to keep reading to her, but she had to read pages to me as well) she took off. Now she has reads two or three books at a time. ( I am a reader) .

Now, I have to stop calling her baby girl, she reminds me. She is twelve this year and going through the angst of being a tweener, although she is handling it quite well. She can't wait to turn thirteen next year. I remind her of how her older sister went through the same changes at 18, 19, and 20. She turns twenty-one this year and as she says she can finally be an adult. She has been self supporting and on her own since she was 18. She  reminds me that you can't do much between 18-20 as she thought, so she is really looking forward to twenty-one. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment