Monday, September 17, 2012

Has the Past Tried To Revisit Your Present?

Hi All!

Have you ever been in a situation where something ended (marriage, relationship, job, etc) and it was time for you to move on to the next chapter? Do you notice how that particular situation will flare up and try to drag you back to the past.

In my instance I divorced 10 years ago, 2 years after we separated. We have a daughter from the marriage. She is now our only connection. We are not friends (I am still friends with my first husband, who says we will always be family) and I have tried hard throughout the custody and child support battles to to not be bitter or to share any of this with her (she was three at the time of the divorce).

Yet it is now 12 years later and he's suddenly in love and wants to get back together. I have tried to be polite as possible in stating this is never going to happen, kindly get on with your life. I have blessed the situation and said my prayers that the Brother make peace with Allah so that he may move forward in his life.
Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos

This is a door and a past that's never going to reopen again for me. For some folks it does work. I have a friend who just remarried her ex after 30 years of being divorced. 

Have you moved forward from a situation that tried to pull you back to the past? How did you cope with the situation? What was your resolution to the situation?


Looking forward to your comments.

Michelle
Click to  Sign up for our free newsletter!

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been drawn back to a situation from my past, but I sure do get pulled into past thinking. I am continually working at letting go of my old negative thought patterns and moving forward into better thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on realizing this is your challenge so you can focus on it and release this problem. We are our own worse critics a lot of the time with from others. Smile

    Everything that negative thinking says you can't do something because are not tall, pretty, smart, fast enough immediately change it to a positive. Godspeed on removing these negative thoughts with your best life.

    ReplyDelete