Thursday, September 1, 2011

VIP Preview of the DEBT

I had VIP passes to see THE DEBT Tuesday at Harkins Theatre. We normally end the Eid by going to a movie. I took my neighbor.I was not sure what to expect even after reading the little write up they have at check in. I don't understand how a movie made in Israel, with a Jewish cast could hit so many stereotypes of Jews. I thought the movie was insulting to those who had lost their lives in the Holocaust. I like Helen Mirren but until the last 10 minutes of the movie she was not a sympathetic character.

I must have completely missed the point of this movie. I hope it was to show that we are all human and do stupid things we regret. I hope the purpose was to show that it is never to late to redeem ourselves.

Your thoughts on the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment