Monday, February 14, 2011

Featured Artist Kenneth George Bell Poet and Writer

My featured artist today is Kenneth George Bell affectionately known as "KG". Kg is a personal friend that is have not seen in ages. KG writes the most extraordinary poetry which showcases his love for "Women especially Black Women". When I read his "Ode to Black Mothers", I cried and I was a Mother back then!

KG is originally from Trinidad and we have mutual friends in common. He is such a good guy. He found out my Mother was coming to town and gave a dinner party to welcome her to Houston. He had us to come over early and I learned to cook Trinidad style. I still what my Trini roti. Smile

Sorry, I am not computer savvy enough to put the the YouTube tv on here so please click on the link to view KG speaking.

Kenneth George Bell in his own words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqY-xw40Ys



Happy Valentines Day.!

No comments:

Post a Comment