Thursday, December 9, 2010

Paolo Soleri Bridge Dedication Saturday

I am taking my daughter to the dedication of the Paolo Soleri Bridge here in Scottsdale on Saturday, December 11, 2010.  The time is 11 to 2. there will be lectures and talks with Soleri himself. I want her to make history as one of the first people to walk across the bridge. Paolo Soleri is a visionary famous for his Soleri cast bells and sculptures and Arcosanti his planned community. If you come to this area you must visit Arcosanti (click on the title to visit the site.)

My daughter and I went when we first moved to Arizona. the vision of Soleri is absolutely awe inspiring. The view from Arcosanti is breathtaking. My daughter and I watched a hawk chase a smaller bird for five minutes, it was awesome watching them swooping and diving in a life and death chase. The smaller bird lived for another day.

If you in the area you must attend this event and go to Arcosanti itself.


I will post pictures Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment