Monday, August 23, 2010

My Midwife's Return

My 2nd ex called yesterday and put my youngest daughter's midwife on the phone. Turns out we had both been talking about each other and the universe responded. I had been bragging to someone about how easy Mama Leslie Huffman made my youngest daughter's delivery when I had her at age 42. The experience was beautiful.

I delivered my youngest daughter leaning against a wall in my diningroom on beige carpet. I was standing in front of the African carving called "Unity" (some now call it "the Council of Elders"). Baby girl couldn't decide if she wanted to be here or not. Mama Leslie's son Kweski crawled behind me and in baby talk called to her to come. She finally delivered. Mama Leslie said it was a textbook delivery. She has delivered babies around the globe.

I had my eldest in the hospital with AMA trained midwives 9 years before, it was the worst experience of my life.

I am waiting to see why the Universe reconnected us. I will kept you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment