Monday, June 28, 2010

Time Flies When You're Busy

I didn't realize it's been a month since I posted. Baby Girl finished school in the three million readers club. She earned it. I've got her signed up to take Mandarin Chinese when school starts back. (her idea).

She went to a birthday party sleepover. I think I slept three hours and thats with her calling to say goodnight.  I know, I know, but I'm an older Mommie, from another generation. I was forty-two when I had baby girl.

She doesn't want people to know my age, because I don't look it. But to quote Minnie Pearl, "I'm just proud to be here". (Now I'm really dating myself").

My Big girl "The Raven" turned 21 June 26, a day she has been waiting for, forever. She's been self supporting since she was 18,  but couldn't legally do anything but vote. She lives in another state.
She called to tell me how her Big Celebration went. I warned her about those fruity drinks.

Now I have to determine where we're going for the Fourth of July weekend. Leaning towards a staycation in an Arizona resort with all the foolishness around SB1070. I don't want to be on the road with Arizona tags. Yes, its that crazy, there's war going on here and most Americans don't have a clue. This is not like Black Americans and the Civil Rights era. We didn't have country to go back to. (Again, Africa is a continent made up of 50 countries.)

We're losing a war that most Americans don't even know we're fighting. If I see one more t-shirt with "Go back to Michigan and take your purse with you, or my favorite"Top three reasons you wish you were Us", I'm going to hurl. Let me say it again, Americans don't even realize the war that's going on. Arizona is part of the US of A, this is not Mexico North.

No comments:

Post a Comment